- visual art, drums, pottery & skin art using the ancestral metalanguage of symbols from mesoamerica
- the ancient mesoamerican calendar system, with explanations by our teacher and students
- a space for meditation and introspection
- a free Mitotilliztli* (Mazehual Danza)* Workshop Saturday at 6pm
- a free Ehekapahtinime* (breathing & posture exercises) & Yaotilliztli* (warrior discipline) Workshop Sunday at 4pm
We invite you to join us for a break from your hectic schedule, to take off your shoes and enter into a space of harmony, meditation, personal development and community.
Our work reflects the great task our generation faces today: one of healing and growth. Only by holding on to strong and deep roots can we hope to grow high to our full potential.
*Mahtinauhkalli is an institute with the mission to research, preserve, apply and share the ancient Toltekatl knowledge of "mesoamerica." Classes are taught on a daily basis by Akaxe Yotzin. More info can be found at www.inasca.org
*Mitotilliztli or Mazehual Danza, is the ancient dance form indigenous to Mesoamerica that is based on the principles of the Mazehual. Within every rhythm there is mathematics related to the cycles of Nature and the Universe. Within every dance there is symbolism related to philosophies, sciences and principles that the ancient ones studied and developed.http://www.inasca.org/mazehual-danza.html
* Ehekapahtinime is a native practice of aligning breath, postures, movement & awareness for healing, meditation and exercise. http://www.inasca.org/ehekapahtinime-breathing--posture-exercises.html
*Yaotilliztli is a native warrior discipline, commonly compared to martial arts, focused on self discipline, introspection, and bio-energetic and physical development http://www.inasca.org/yaotilliztli1.html
For more information: email@example.com